Wednesday, June 19, 2024

City of Westminster: St. James, Covent Garden, Soho, Mayfair, Buckingham, Hyde Park and Paddington

 


I didn't take as many photos in this area. To be honest, a lot of it was extremely repetitive Georgian architecture which is always stunning (especially the sculptures), but can becomes slightly dull if you take in too much at once. I was relieved to get to Paddington (and some parts of Mayfair) where things became a little more varied. 

Hyde Park wasn't as beautiful as I thought and didn't strike me so much as Greenwich or Victoria Park, but there were still some lovely statues and landscapes to capture.

I've discovered that Brutalism and New Internationalism, though less beautiful than Georgian and other earlier styles, do a great deal to make a city more interesting and are truly missed when not there.

It was in Paddington where I also discovered how charming (where gentrified or not) a Mews can be, as well, even though I've seen many in my travels so far. 

Before I get to the photos, some bonus content! Two sketches made instead of photos taken:




























No comments:

Post a Comment